SQL Configure Temp DB
Purpose: Configure TempDB on a SQL Server
- Find the number of processors available to SQL Server on the server.
- Download the attached script
- Remove the alter database statements such that the number of mdf and ndf files will be equal to the number of processors noted in the first step.
- Update the location of the ndf files being added to be consistent with the location of the existing tempdb mdf file.
- Run the script
- Re-start the SQL Server service. This is necessary for the rename of the original logical file name to take effect.